2018/2019 San Diego Section Committees
- EVENTS PLANNING COMMITTEE: To have the organizational responsibility and oversight of all activities relating to the Section’s events and activities.
Chair: Chuck Anders; Members: Diane Vermeulen, Cristina Nunez
- HEALTH & SAFETY COMMITTEE: To assist members in any issue relating to health and safety in the workplace. To report and provide information to PECG any time there is a concern about employees’ safety, or whenever there is a situation where employees’ health or safety is at risk.
Chair: Mehi Nabizadeh; Members: Fred Abdipour (2 to 3)
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: To lead the Section and provide assistance to Corporate efforts in membership & recruitment.
Chair: Cristina Nunez; Members: Oscar Cortes, Fred Abdipour, Open (1)
- NOMINATIONS & ELECTION COMMITTEE: In charge of the 2019/2020 Section Election and in nominating any member or officer for outstanding service awards.
Chair: John Williamson; Members: Diane Vermeulen, Oscar Cortes, Tom Collins, Shahin Adibi
- POLICY & BYLAWS COMMITTEE: To render assistance on all procedures and activities by Section for full compliance with the Bylaws and Policy Files.
Chair: Oscar Cortes; Members: Diane Vermeulen, John Williamson, Open (1)
- POLITICAL INVOLVEMENT COMMITTEE: In close coordination with PECG PAC, to assist in the Corporate Statewide PAC effort, to project a positive image of PECG and to advocate for its goals and beliefs.
Chair: Oscar Cortes; Members: Abu-Bakr Al-Jafri, Fred Abdipour, John Williamson
- RETIREMENT COMMITTEE: To inform members regarding retirement procedures, retirement benefits, and to update our members with CalPERS issues.
Chair: Fred Abdipour; Members: Abu-Bakr Al-Jafri, Diane Vermeulen, Open (2 to 3)
- SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE/STUDENT MENTORING: To recognize, assist and encourage students of PECG members to pursue a college degree.
Chair: Cristina Nunez; Members: Diane Vermeulen, Abu-Bakr Al-Jafri, Frank Contreraz
- PUBLIC OUTREACH COMMITTEE: To utilize the good will of the membership in order to uphold and promote the image of PECG as a bona fide professional organization that services the engineering profession well and engages other professional organizations.
Chair: Oscar Cortes; Members: Abu-Bakr Al-Jafri, Diane Vermeulen, Open (1)
- SCIENCE FAIR COMMITTEE: PECG presents awards at the Greater San Diego Science & Engineering Fair to the students whose projects are selected by PECG members. PECG sets its own criteria for awards and judges student projects on the afternoon of judging day.
Chair: Diane Vermeulen; Members: Cristina Nunez, Open (1)
- CHEERS COMMITTEE: To Connect, Help, Encourage, Engage, Respect and Share among PECG members, young or old.
Members: Joseph Tang, Cristina Nunez, Open (1)
- GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE:
Chair: Eva Palma; Members: Abu-Bakr Al-Jafri, Oscar Cortes, Open (1)
- STEM COMMITTEE:
Chair: Shukky Sanni; Members: Karen Islas, Ryan Fallica, Benjamin Haney