2015/2016 San Diego Section Committees
- EVENTS PLANNING COMMITTEE: To have the organizational responsibility and oversight of all activities relating to the Section’s events and activities
Chair: Azar Habibafshar; Members: Diane Vermuelen, John Williamson
- HEALTH & SAFETY COMMITTEE: To assist members in any issue relating to health and safety in the workplace. To report and provide information to PECG any time there is a concern about employees’ safety, or whenever there is a situation where employees’ health or safety is at risk.
Chair: Fred Abdipour; Members: Mo Maher, Pedro Aguilar
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: To lead the Section and provide assistance to corporate efforts in membership & recruitment drives.
Chair: John Williamson; Members: Oscar Cortes, Joseph Tang, Fred Abdipour, Shahin Adibi
- NOMINATIONS & ELECTION COMMITTEE: To render assistance on all procedures and activities by the Section for full compliance with the Bylaws and Policy Files.
Chair: Oscar Cortes; Members: Shahin Adibi, Tom Collins
- POLICY & BYLAWS COMMITTEE: In charge of the 2016/2017 Section Election and in nominating any member or officer for outstanding service awards.
Chair: John Williamson; Members: Azar Habibafshar, Roy Flores, Robert Lumahan
- RETIREMENT COMMITTEE: To inform members regarding retirement procedures, retirement benefits, and to update our members with CalPERS issues.
Chair: Fred Abdipour, Members: Al-Jafri
- SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE: To recognize, assist and encourage students of PECG members to pursue a college degree.
Chair: Cristina Nunes; Members: Azar Habibafshar, Manuel Rivas
- STUDENT MENTORING/OUTREACH COMMITTEE: To utilize the good will of the membership in order to uphold and promote the image of PECG as a bona fide professional organization that services the engineering profession well.
Chair: Azar Habibafshar; Members: Cristina Nunes, Al-Jafri
- SCIENCE FAIR COMMITTEE: PECG presents awards at the Greater San Diego Science & Engineering Fair to the students whose projects are selected by PECG members. PECG sets its own criteria for awards and judges student projects on the afternoon of judging day.
Chair: Diane Vermuelen; Members: Azar Habibafshar, Al-Jafri, Oscar Cortes, Cristina Nunez, Manuel Rivas
- CHEERS COMMITTEE: To connect, help, encourage, engage, respect and share among PECG members, young or old.
Chair: Joseph Tang; Members: Cristina Nunes, Oscar Cortes